Microberlinia brazzavillensis A. Chev.
Microberlinia bisulcata A. Chev.
West Africa, mainly Gabon and Cameroon Republic.
- Sapwood: Whitish.
- Heartwood: Light brown or cream color with dark blackish brown streaks with many thin greyish brown lines.
- Fiber: Slightly intertwined with resin deposits. It can irritate the skin.
Capacity of being Impregnated:
- Heartwork: Low capacity of being impregnated.
- Sawing process: Difficulties arise from risk of repelling.
- Gluing process: No difficulties.
- Nailing and screwing process: Some difficulties.
- Finish: Apply pretreatment with sealers.
- Decorative panels.
- Interior carpentry.
- Interior furniture and cabinet work.
- Tool handles.
- Apparent density at 12% humidity: 790 kg/m3. Heavy Wood.
- Dimensional Stability:
- Volumetric Conctraction coefficient: 0,55%. Nervous Wood.
- Hardness (Chaláis-Meudon): 5. Semi-hardwood.
- Resistance to static flexion: 1,270 kg/cm2.
- Elasticity module: 138,000 kg/cm2.
- Resistance to compression: 560 Kg/cm2.
THE WOOD DATABASE/Zebrawood